UPDATED: This position is now filled
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to make Epiviz better, stronger and faster! This is a full-time
position (officially Faculty Research Assistant) within the Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (CBCB) at the University of Maryland in College Park. You will work along faculty in CBCB and the Human-Computer Interaction Lab in developing state-of-the-art genomic data visual analytics software tools.
##What you will do:
- Do Research: apply interactive visualization tools as part of collaborative projects in genomics. Design and implement new visual analytics methods along with faculty, graduate and undergraduate students at UMD.
- Share your work: provide support for users, participate in interactive visualization efforts of the Bioconductor project.
Check out what we’ve been working on here.
##Who you are:
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or other relevant field required.
- Strong programming skills, either in OOP (e.g., Java, C#, C++), or functional languages (e.g, R, Clojure, ML) required. Good knowledge of design patterns strongly preferred.
- Verifiable track record in open source software development preferred.
- No strong previous knowledge of biology/genomics required.
Approximately $75,000 for qualified candidates. The University of Maryland offers a competitive benefits package.
Send resume and short letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Data Scientist Position”.
Please include in resume (a) contact information for 2 references and (b) links to code repositories if appropriate.
For best consideration, apply by October 15, 2015.